NEW ARRIVALS: CHECK THEM OUT UNDER THE ADOPTIONS TAB:
PVHS AT THE SUNFLOWER FEST:
Herbie was truly a “love bug”! He was doling out kisses and cuddles to everyone who came by – adults and kids alike!
He settled down on Sheri’s lap for a quick snooze in the midst of the afternoon to recharge his batteries (being so utterly charming is completely exhausting!) and then he was back at it. He did wonderfully in the busy crowd.
He must have made quite an impression as he promptly got an adoption application in the days that followed. We do have other dogs looking for homes though … check them out under the adoptions tab above!
THE HUMANE SOCIETY AT PET VALU:
Sadie is a female Husky X born in May, 2009. Sadie was surrendered to us from Winnipeg as a result of family allergies and is looking for a new home.
She is a polite, gentle, patient and loving girl who has shown herself to be good with all ages of people as well as most other animals, although she has been a bit fearful of other dogs on occasion. She has also been used to a leash and has had training.
Check out all of our dogs and cats who are available for adoption under the adoptions tab at the top of the page.
CALENDAR SPONSORS WANTED
Hey, here’s a good chance for local businesses to support the PVHS and promote themselves at the same time. We are offering businesses the opportunity to purchase advertising space in our 2015 fundraising calendar. We have two sizes of ads available – a 4.75” x 1.00” for $50 or a 9.00” by 1.00” for $100. The deadline for this is Aug 1 and if interested they email email@example.com
PVHS 2015 CALENDAR PHOTO CONTEST:
CALENDAR CONTEST NOW OPEN
Yes, it is time again for our PVHS calendar photo contest. We are calling on everyone who has adopted a furry friend from us to submit a photo for a chance to be featured in our 2015 calendar. It is not only a chance to celebrate our ‘HAPPY TALES’ of animals that found homes but also to raise funds and support the ongoing mission of the humane society. Read on below here for the contest rules and deadlines.
PVHS Calendar Contest Rules & Conditions
1. Photo specifications
Any photo not meeting the following specifications will NOT be considered:
- Pet must have been adopted from the Pembina Valley Humane Society
- Photo must be DIGITAL
- Photo must be IN COLOUR
- Photo must be a HORIZONTAL LAYOUT
- Photo must be CLEAR AND OF GOOD QUALITY
- Photo must NOT CONTAIN PEOPLE
- Photos showing pinch collars or choke collars will not be considered
- Animals placed in poses that may be perceived as dangerous or stressful will not be considered
- Maximum of 1 photo submission per adopted pet only
2. Photos cannot have appeared in a past year of the PVHS calendar (as a featured photo), any other calendar or any profit-generating publication (ie. book). Professional photos will not be accepted as credits for photography cannot be displayed on the same page of the photo.
3. Submitted photos become the property of the Pembina Valley Humane Society and may be used in other Pembina Valley Humane Society publications, displays, promotional materials, web site or education presentations.
4. Your entry gives the Pembina Valley Humane Society permission to print your family member’s name(s), pet’s name(s) and location in the 2015 calendar as well as on any other PVHS web page or publication it is utilized in if your photo is chosen.
5. The Pembina Valley Humane Society reserves the right to refuse any photo.
6. Due to the number of entries we receive each year, we cannot guarantee that your photo will be used.
7. Entries must be received via email on or before Aug 1st, 2014. Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should state: “2014 PVHS Calendar Contest Entry”. In the body of the email, please include: Pet’s Current Name & Shelter Name at the time of adoption (if different), Your Name (first & last name of all family members you want listed as owners), Where You’re From (Town/City/RM name)
8. Eligible photos will be posted on the PVHS Facebook page after on or shortly after Aug 1st, 2014 (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pembina-Valley-Humane-Society) where the public will be invited to “Like” their favourite photo. Voting will close on August 15th.
9. Winners will be notified via email within 2 weeks after voting ends. Please note that it will be the 6 dogs & 6 cats with the most votes that get into the calendar & not necessarily the top 12 photos. PVHS reserves the right to select the cover photo.
Good Luck and Happy Snapping!
- Keep it horizontal: Our calendar is horizontal so it only makes sense to shoot a horizontal photo
- Animals are cute … furniture isn’t: Try to get more of your pet in the photo and less background “stuff”
- Crisp & clean: Fuzzy animals please, not fuzzy photos
- Show character: Often the best photos are candid shots and not the ones that are staged
- More Pixels: Digital cameras are great, but if the resolution isn’t high enough we just can’t use the photos
- Detail is Great: The photos that make the best big month pictures are usually the ones that have lots of close up detail
Hello WINKLER, we are coming your way. We will be at the Winkler Harvest Festival and then the Morden Corn and Apple Festival this month. Make sure to come by and say hello.
We will be at Pet Valu in Winkler on the 3rd Saturday of each month! The next date is Saturday, August 16 – Pet Valu, Winkler
We will be in the Farmer’s Market in Morden as well one Thursday a month!
WANT TO HELP THE PVHS?
Tickets are on sale for our annual summer raffle
URGENT PLEA FOR HELP!
We have recently been overwhelmed with abandoned and surrendered cats & kittens. Click HERE to view news coverage of the abandoned cats/kittens. We are in urgent need of canned, pate style cat and kitten food as well as pellet litter (which can be purchased at RONA). All donations of these items, or monetary donations in any amount, are a huge help. Thank you for your support!
PVHS is always in need of reliable, committed volunteers! Please click HERE for more info. and to access a volunteer application. The animals need you!
FOSTER HOMES NEEDED!
We are currently looking to expand our foster program and are in need of committed and loving foster families. Click HERE for more information and to access a foster home application!
- Thanks to BSI for donating $3,000 to the Pembina Valley Humane Society from its ‘One Like, One Pound’ Facebook campaign. BSI and its fans successfully achieved 540 page likes in 24 hours while obtaining its goal of 1,500 page likes by November 8th. After consulting with Pembina Valley Humane Society, it was deemed $3,000 would cover the costs of 1,500 lbs of food. This donation was done in part with the BSI – Because We Care initiative.
-Thanks to the MANITOBA COMMUNITY SERVICES COUNCIL (MCSC) for donating $7,000 for the purchase of our shelter van. Your donation is really appreciated and very much needed to transport our animals around.
- Thank you to ACCESS CREDIT UNION MORDEN! The wonderful folks at Access Credit Union chose PVHS to be the recipient of a donation from their “Jeans for Charity” campaign & presented us with a donation in the amount of $5244.00! We are so grateful for the support!
PENNIES FOR PETS
- Have pesky pennies laying around your home, car or office? We will gladly accept them & any other coins you wish to donate! We currently have a large, clear cube at the shelter that we want to see FULL of pennies/coins! We can assure you that, around here, EVERY penny counts :) CLICK HERE to see our Pennies for Pets poster!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS
- Interested in helping guide the work of the PVHS on our board of directors. CLICK HERE for more info.!
- We will be accepting CASH ONLY for all fees, services & products. We will only accept cheques for donations.
- Looking for an easy way to support PVHS? Ask your cashier to use PVHS’ Co-op # the next time you make a purchase at Co-op! Our Co-op # for Morden is 5457 and our # for Carman is 15343. Thanks for your support!
- Pet Odor Exterminator Candles & Car Fresheners – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Dog DNA Kits – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Pet ID Tags – CLICK HERE for more info!
- PVHS T-Shirts – CLICK HERE for more info!