COMINGS AND GOINGS:
New dog adoptions: Tanis, Tamika and Sadie
New cat adoptions: Thumper, Queen and Sylvia
LET’S RAISE THE WOOF
Yes, it is time again to “Raise The Woof” for our comedy night fundraiser.
It is set for September 25 at the Quality Inn in Winkler with doors opening at 7 p.m. and show time following at 8 p.m.
It will feature a cash bar with a 50/50 draw, rainbow auction and some great prizes.
There will be limited seating, so get your tickets as soon as possible.
They are $35 each, but group table rates are also available. If interested in the latter, please contact email@example.com.
Individual tickets are available at Thornview Grocery in Morden, Winkler Co-op Gas Bar in Winkler or at the Pembina Valley Humane Society in Morden.
PVHS 2015 CALENDAR PHOTO CONTEST:
Thanks to everyone for participating in our PVHS calendar photo contest.
It is not only a chance to celebrate our ‘HAPPY TALES’ of animals that found homes but also to raise funds and support the ongoing mission of the humane society.
Eligible photos were posted on the PVHS Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pembina-Valley-Humane-Society/118889608181973) where the public was invited to “LIKE” their favourite photos. Voting closed on August 15.
The top 6 dogs & 6 cats with the most votes will be featured in the calendar. PVHS reserves the right to select the cover photo.
Submitted photos become the property of the Pembina Valley Humane Society and may be used in other Pembina Valley Humane Society publications, displays, promotional materials, web site or education presentations. Your entry gives the Pembina Valley Humane Society permission to print your family member’s name(s), pet’s name(s) and location in the 2015 calendar as well as on any other PVHS web page or publication it is utilized in if your photo is chosen. Due to the number of entries we receive each year, we cannot guarantee that your photo will be used.
PVHS SUPPLY DRIVE:
This weekend, you will find us at the Morden Corn and Apple Festival. Make sure to come by and say hello during the weekend of August 22 to 24.
Then next on our calendar is that we are to be part of the Pembina Valley Challenge Saturday, August 30.
And we will be in the Farmer’s Market in Morden one Thursday a month with the next date set for September 11, 2014.
A little further ahead: Pet Valu adoption day in Winkler September 20; Raise The Woof comedy night Thursday, September 25
WANT TO HELP THE PVHS?
Tickets are on sale for our annual summer raffle
URGENT PLEA FOR HELP!
We have recently been overwhelmed with abandoned and surrendered cats & kittens. Click HERE to view news coverage of the abandoned cats/kittens. We are in urgent need of canned, pate style cat and kitten food as well as pellet litter (which can be purchased at RONA). All donations of these items, or monetary donations in any amount, are a huge help. Thank you for your support!
PVHS is always in need of reliable, committed volunteers! Please click HERE for more info. and to access a volunteer application. The animals need you!
FOSTER HOMES NEEDED!
We are currently looking to expand our foster program and are in need of committed and loving foster families. Click HERE for more information and to access a foster home application!
- Thanks to BSI for donating $3,000 to the Pembina Valley Humane Society from its ‘One Like, One Pound’ Facebook campaign. BSI and its fans successfully achieved 540 page likes in 24 hours while obtaining its goal of 1,500 page likes by November 8th. After consulting with Pembina Valley Humane Society, it was deemed $3,000 would cover the costs of 1,500 lbs of food. This donation was done in part with the BSI – Because We Care initiative.
-Thanks to the MANITOBA COMMUNITY SERVICES COUNCIL (MCSC) for donating $7,000 for the purchase of our shelter van. Your donation is really appreciated and very much needed to transport our animals around.
- Thank you to ACCESS CREDIT UNION MORDEN! The wonderful folks at Access Credit Union chose PVHS to be the recipient of a donation from their “Jeans for Charity” campaign & presented us with a donation in the amount of $5244.00! We are so grateful for the support!
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW:
PENNIES FOR PETS
- Have pesky pennies laying around your home, car or office? We will gladly accept them & any other coins you wish to donate! We currently have a large, clear cube at the shelter that we want to see FULL of pennies/coins! We can assure you that, around here, EVERY penny counts :) CLICK HERE to see our Pennies for Pets poster!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS
- Interested in helping guide the work of the PVHS on our board of directors. CLICK HERE for more info.!
- We will be accepting CASH ONLY for all fees, services & products. We will only accept cheques for donations.
- Looking for an easy way to support PVHS? Ask your cashier to use PVHS’ Co-op # the next time you make a purchase at Co-op! Our Co-op # for Morden is 5457 and our # for Carman is 15343. Thanks for your support!
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT PVHS:
- Pet Odor Exterminator Candles & Car Fresheners – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Dog DNA Kits – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Pet ID Tags – CLICK HERE for more info!
- PVHS T-Shirts – CLICK HERE for more info!