A FEW THINGS TO NOTE:
We cannot accept strays or animal drop-offs. Please phone your area’s animal control officer to place the animal in the care of the pound. As our capacity allows, we will then rescue dogs and cats from there if they are not claimed.
All animal surrenders must be arranged in advance with the PVHS shelter manager.
If you need to surrender an animal, you will be required to pay a surrender fee when you leave the animal in our care. The surrender fees help pay for the high costs of operating our shelter and pays for things like food and veterinary care for the animals.
There is more information through our website tabs above, or please phone the shelter at 204-822-9413 or email us at email@example.com .
COMINGS AND GOINGS AT THE HUMANE SOCIETY
New arrivals at the shelter … check them out under the adoptions tab above
Recently adopted – Rouge; Wally
THE 2015 PEMBINA VALLEY HUMANE SOCIETY FUNDRAISING CALENDAR
Our 2015 Pembina Valley Humane Society fundraising calendars are now available.
They are $10 in support of the society and can be purchased at the shelter and in the following locations throughout the region: Winkler Vet Clinic; Co-op Truck Stop; Morden Vet Clinic; Town ‘N Country Grooming; Carman Vet Clinic; Exclusively Cats in Winnipeg; Sun Valley Co-op Gas Bar in Altona; Carman Co-op Grocery; Essence Hair Studio in Morris; St. Norbert Animal Hospital in Winnipeg and Fort Garry Vet Hospital in Winnipeg.
JOIN US AS WE CURL FOR CRITTERS
Click the link below for the registration form
Join in the fun and support a good cause. The Giant Tiger Curl for Critters open funspiel takes place Sat., Nov. 22 at the Morden Curling Club. The $120 entry fee includes three games and a lunch. There will also be a 50/50 draw and rainbow auction. Contact the PVHS at 204 822 9413 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register!
A FEW WAYS TO LEND A HAND:
PVHS is always in need of reliable, committed volunteers! Please click HERE for more info. and to access a volunteer application. The animals need you!
FOSTER HOMES NEEDED!
We are currently looking to expand our foster program and are in need of committed and loving foster families. Click HERE for more information and to access a foster home application!
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT PVHS
- Pet Odor Exterminator Candles & Car Fresheners – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Dog DNA Kits – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Pet ID Tags – CLICK HERE for more info!
- PVHS T-Shirts – CLICK HERE for more info!
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
PENNIES FOR PETS
- Have pesky pennies laying around your home, car or office? We will gladly accept them & any other coins you wish to donate! We currently have a large, clear cube at the shelter that we want to see FULL of pennies/coins! We can assure you that, around here, EVERY penny counts :) CLICK HERE to see our Pennies for Pets poster!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS
- Interested in helping guide the work of the PVHS on our board of directors. CLICK HERE for more info.!
- We will be accepting CASH ONLY for all fees, services & products. We will only accept cheques for donations.
- Looking for an easy way to support PVHS? Ask your cashier to use PVHS’ Co-op # the next time you make a purchase at Co-op! Our Co-op # for Morden is 5457 and our # for Carman is 15343. Thanks for your support!