(Charitable number 852072370RR0001)
HELP US HELP THEM:
The Pembina Valley Humane Society can only accomplish its mission through the support of the people and the communities we serve. We rely on your donations and support in order to keep serving you, so please consider donating to the Pembina Valley Humane Society. And there are a number of ways you can do that and help us to help them. You can mail your donations to us at 462 Jefferson St., Morden, Mb., R6M 0C3 or stop in during our public hours to leave your donation with us. You can also CLICK HERE to find out more … donate now and get involved with the PVHS!
NEWS & EVENTS
2016 STEPS FOR PETS WALKATHON
The Pembina Valley Humane Society would like to formally acknowledge the Carman Area Foundation Inc., the Altona Community Foundation Inc and the Law Class of 1973 for providing funds to purchase a Pop-up tent.
This new tent will allow for communities within the Pembina Valley region, to become aware of the services the Pembina Valley Humane Society has to offer. These services include the promotion of spaying and neutering cats and dogs to help control animal populations, providing an avenue for volunteering opportunities within the region as well as providing a home for cats and dogs to be surrendered or brought in, instead of being abandoned and much more.
While attending events throughout the year the Pembina Valley Humane Society will continue to support humane and sustainable communities for all animals through education, advocacy, respect and responsibility. The next time you are at an event, find our new tent, stop by and say hello.
ITS THAT TIME AGAIN!
2017 PVHS Calendar Contest!
Contest Rules & Conditions
• Keep it Horizontal: Our calendar is horizontal so it only makes sense to shoot a horizontal photo
• Animals Are Cute… Furniture Isn’t: Try to get more of your pet in the photo and less background “stuff”
• Crisp & Clean: Fuzzy animals please, not fuzzy photos
• Show Character: Often the best photos are candid shots and not the ones that are staged
• More Pixels: Digital cameras are great, but if the resolution isn’t high enough we just can’t use the photos
• Details are Great: The photos that make the best big month pictures are usually the ones that have lots of close up detail.
1. Photo Specifications: Any photo not meeting the following specifications will NOT be considered:
• Photo must be DIGITAL
• Photo must be IN COLOUR
• Photo must be a HORIZONTAL LAYOUT
• Photo must be 300 DPI, CLEAR AND OF GOOD QUALITY
• Photo must NOT CONTAIN PEOPLE
• Photos taken on tablets/phones must be sent actual size
• Photos showing pinch collars or choke collars will not be considered
• Animals placed in poses that may be perceived as dangerous or stressful will not be considered
• Maximum of 1 photo submission per adopted pet only
• Pet must have been adopted or be residents from the Pembina Valley Humane Society.
2. Photos cannot have appeared in a past year of the PVHS Calendar (as a featured photo), any other calendar, or any profit-generating publication (ie. book). Professional photos will not be accepted as credits for photography cannot be displayed on the same page of the photo.
3. Submitted photos become the property of the Pembina Valley Humane Society and may be used in other Pembina Valley Humane Society publications, displays, promotional materials, website or education presentations.
4. Your entry gives the Pembina Valley Humane Society permission to print your family member’s name(s), pet’s name(s), & location in the 2016 calendar as well as on any other PVHS web page or publication it is utilized in if your photo is chosen.
5. The Pembina Valley Humane Society reserves the right to refuse any photo.
6. Due to the large number of entries we receive each year, we cannot guarantee that your photo will be used as a monthly featured photo. However, all photos will appear in the calendar.
7. Entries must be received via email on or before June 11, 2016. Email entries to email@example.com. The subject line should state: “2017 PVHS Calendar Contest Entry”. In the body of the email, please include: Pet’s Current Name & Shelter Name at the time of adoption (if different), Your Name (first & last name of all family members you want listed as owners), Where You’re From (Town/City/RM name)
8. The 12 featured photos will be decided on by group of local daycare children. The 12 winning photos will be posted on the PVHS Facebook page on or shortly after July 2nd, 2016 (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pembina-Valley-Humane-Society). Winners will be notified via email within 2 weeks of the decision.
9. The public will be July 23rd. Any “Likes” received after 11:59PM on July 23rd will not be counted.
Good Luck and Happy Snapping!
BOARD POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The board of directors is currently looking to fill positions on its board. All of the positions are volunteer and require a 2 year commitment. Currently applications are being accepted for the following board positions:
Public Relations Co-chair – Click Here for position description
Members At Large – Click Here for position description
To apply for any of these positions, fill out the application form below and submit it to:
Mail – 462 Jefferson St. Morden, MB R6M 0C3
Fax – 204-822-3904
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form – Click here.
VISIT PVHS AT A COMMUNITY EVENT:
Stop by at the following events and meet one of our dogs or cats.
May 21st, Saturday – Pet Valu, Morden
June 4, Saturday – Block Party, Morden
COMINGS & GOINGS:
DOGS: Recently Adopted – Daisy, Moca & Nymeria; Recently Available – Cooper
More information on dogs that have become recently available CLICK HERE.
CATS: Recently Adopted – Monty, Parker & Min Min; Recently Available – Vadar & Quarry
More information on cats that have become recently available CLICK HERE
– Pet Odor Exterminator Candles & Car Fresheners – CLICK HERE for more info!
– Dog DNA Kits – CLICK HERE for more info!
– Pet ID Tags – CLICK HERE for more info!
– PVHS T-Shirts – CLICK HERE for more info!
– We will be accepting CASH ONLY for all fees, services & products. We will only accept cheques for donations.
– Looking for an easy way to support PVHS? Ask your cashier to use PVHS’ Co-op # the next time you make a purchase at Co-op! Our Co-op # for Morden is 5457 and our # for Carman is 15343. Thanks for your support!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE:
We cannot accept strays or animal drop-offs. Please phone your area’s animal control officer to place the animal in the care of the pound. As our capacity allows, we will then rescue dogs and cats from there if they are not claimed.
All animal surrenders must be arranged in advance with the PVHS shelter manager.
If you need to surrender an animal, you will be required to pay a surrender fee when you leave the animal in our care. The surrender fees help pay for the high costs of operating our shelter and pays for things like food and veterinary care for the animals.
There is more information through our website tabs above, or please phone the shelter at 204-822-9413 or email us at email@example.com .