(Charitable number 852072370RR0001)
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE:
We cannot accept strays or animal drop-offs. Please phone your area’s animal control officer to place the animal in the care of the pound. As our capacity allows, we will then rescue dogs and cats from there if they are not claimed.
All animal surrenders must be arranged in advance with the PVHS shelter manager.
If you need to surrender an animal, you will be required to pay a surrender fee when you leave the animal in our care. The surrender fees help pay for the high costs of operating our shelter and pays for things like food and veterinary care for the animals.
There is more information through our website tabs above, or please phone the shelter at 204-822-9413 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
LOW COST RURAL SPAY DAYS:
Thank you to everyone for the great response to this new initiative. All of the spots are now reserved. We hope to be able to continue with this initiative in co-operation with the local vet clinics.
* Want to get involved with the Pembina Valley Humane Society?
We are looking to fill positions on our board of directors.
Click here for an application form. Our annual general meeting is coming up February 23, 2015.
* Hey, did you know the Pembina Valley Humane Society is on Twitter?
You can find us and follow us at twitter.com/PVHSsaveslives
New arrivals at the PVHS:
THE PVHS 2015 FUNDRAISING CALENDAR
Our 2015 Pembina Valley Humane Society fundraising calendars are available.
They are $10 in support of the society and can be purchased at the shelter and in the following locations throughout the region:
Winkler Vet Clinic; Co-op Truck Stop; Morden Vet Clinic; Town ‘N Country Grooming; Carman Vet Clinic; Exclusively Cats in Winnipeg; Sun Valley Co-op Gas Bar in Altona; Carman Co-op Grocery; Essence Hair Studio in Morris; St. Norbert Animal Hospital in Winnipeg and Fort Garry Vet Hospital in Winnipeg.
SHELTER DONATIONS NEEDED:
The Pembina Valley Humane Society has a need for grain-free dog food – preferably dry – to help better meet the dietary needs of one of our dogs. We also have a need for donations for and donations of a number of items including: funds to help purchase a pallet of kitty litter; rawhides for the dogs; smaller size dog treats for training; dog biscuits; dog ‘dentastix’ to help with teeth cleaning.
A FEW WAYS TO LEND A HAND:
PVHS is always in need of reliable, committed volunteers! Please click HERE for more info. and to access a volunteer application. The animals need you!
FOSTER HOMES NEEDED!
We are currently looking to expand our foster program and are in need of committed and loving foster families. Click HERE for more information and to access a foster home application!
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT PVHS
- Pet Odor Exterminator Candles & Car Fresheners – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Dog DNA Kits – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Pet ID Tags – CLICK HERE for more info!
- PVHS T-Shirts – CLICK HERE for more info!
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
PENNIES FOR PETS
- Have pesky pennies laying around your home, car or office? We will gladly accept them & any other coins you wish to donate! We currently have a large, clear cube at the shelter that we want to see FULL of pennies/coins! We can assure you that, around here, EVERY penny counts :) CLICK HERE to see our Pennies for Pets poster!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS
- Interested in helping guide the work of the PVHS on our board of directors. CLICK HERE for more info.!
- We will be accepting CASH ONLY for all fees, services & products. We will only accept cheques for donations.
- Looking for an easy way to support PVHS? Ask your cashier to use PVHS’ Co-op # the next time you make a purchase at Co-op! Our Co-op # for Morden is 5457 and our # for Carman is 15343. Thanks for your support!