(Charitable number 852072370RR0001)
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE:
We cannot accept strays or animal drop-offs. Please phone your area’s animal control officer to place the animal in the care of the pound. As our capacity allows, we will then rescue dogs and cats from there if they are not claimed.
All animal surrenders must be arranged in advance with the PVHS shelter manager.
If you need to surrender an animal, you will be required to pay a surrender fee when you leave the animal in our care. The surrender fees help pay for the high costs of operating our shelter and pays for things like food and veterinary care for the animals.
There is more information through our website tabs above, or please phone the shelter at 204-822-9413 or email us at email@example.com .
COMINGS & GOINGS:
DOGS: Recent adoptions – Buzzy, Zena; NEW – Finnegan
CATS: Recent adoption – Abu; new arrivals: George; Waffles
SUD, SPUD AND STEAK NIGHT: Mark your calendar for our next event … Sud, Spud and Steak Night April 11 at Rocks Bar. It’s another fun way to support the work of the Pembina Valley Humane Society. Thanks, as always, to the Morden Motor Inn.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
FOSTER HOMES NEEDED: We have a need for foster homes for a few of our animals. A cat named Dean has dietary needs that would be better met with him not in a group kennel environment. And we have two dogs – Riley and Sheri – who have been longer term residents at the shelter and need a change of scenery, but they would do better in a home environment without other animals.
URGENT SHELTER NEEDS: We have some urgent needs for some shelter supplies. If you would like to help, we really need some larger dog treats such as rawhides, or one of our dogs needs dry grain free food. Or we also can use more leashes and cat litter.
PVHS 2015 FUNDRAISING CALENDAR NOW HALF PRICE!
Our 2015 Pembina Valley Humane Society fundraising calendars are available. They are now half price – ONLY $5 – in support of the society and can be purchased at the shelter and locations throughout the region.
SHELTER DONATIONS NEEDED:
The Pembina Valley Humane Society has a need for grain-free dog food – preferably dry – to help better meet the dietary needs of one of our dogs. We also have a need for donations for and donations of a number of items including: funds to help purchase a pallet of kitty litter; rawhides for the dogs; smaller size dog treats for training; dog biscuits; dog ‘dentastix’ to help with teeth cleaning.
A FEW WAYS TO LEND A HAND:
PVHS is always in need of reliable, committed volunteers! Please click HERE for more info. and to access a volunteer application. The animals need you!
FOSTER HOMES NEEDED!
We are currently looking to expand our foster program and are in need of committed and loving foster families. Click HERE for more information and to access a foster home application!
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT PVHS
- Pet Odor Exterminator Candles & Car Fresheners – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Dog DNA Kits – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Pet ID Tags – CLICK HERE for more info!
- PVHS T-Shirts – CLICK HERE for more info!
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
PENNIES FOR PETS
- Have pesky pennies laying around your home, car or office? We will gladly accept them & any other coins you wish to donate! We currently have a large, clear cube at the shelter that we want to see FULL of pennies/coins! We can assure you that, around here, EVERY penny counts :) CLICK HERE to see our Pennies for Pets poster!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS
- Interested in helping guide the work of the PVHS on our board of directors. CLICK HERE for more info.!
- We will be accepting CASH ONLY for all fees, services & products. We will only accept cheques for donations.
- Looking for an easy way to support PVHS? Ask your cashier to use PVHS’ Co-op # the next time you make a purchase at Co-op! Our Co-op # for Morden is 5457 and our # for Carman is 15343. Thanks for your support!