(Charitable number 852072370RR0001)
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE:
We cannot accept strays or animal drop-offs. Please phone your area’s animal control officer to place the animal in the care of the pound. As our capacity allows, we will then rescue dogs and cats from there if they are not claimed.
All animal surrenders must be arranged in advance with the PVHS shelter manager.
If you need to surrender an animal, you will be required to pay a surrender fee when you leave the animal in our care. The surrender fees help pay for the high costs of operating our shelter and pays for things like food and veterinary care for the animals.
There is more information through our website tabs above, or please phone the shelter at 204-822-9413 or email us at email@example.com .
NEWS & COMING EVENTS:
Hot Dogs for Hot Dogs – BBQ and Dog Adoption Fair on Saturday, May 2 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Giant Tiger in Morden with a hot dog, chips and a drink for $5 with proceeds to the PVHS.
Dog Obedience classes: We will be hosting sessions for beginners and advanced with Sean Diamond of Diamond in the Ruff Kennels if there is sufficient interest. They will take place Tuesday evenings starting May 12 and continuing until June 9. Contact the PVHS by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 204 822 9413 for more information and to register.
Steps for Pets Walkathon – our most important annual fundraising event … Sat., June 13 in Kings Park in Carman and also Centennial Park in Altona. The walkathon weekend then continues Sun., June 14 in Morden Park. Watch for more information soon – CLICK HERE.
ON THE WEB:
COMINGS & GOINGS:
ADOPTED – George; ADOPTION PENDING – Lizzie; AVAILABLE SOON – Rosa
SUPPORT OUR SHELTER:
** URGENT: SHELTER DONATIONS NEEDED:
The Pembina Valley Humane Society appreciates your donations. We have a need for a number of items including: funds to help purchase a pallet of kitty litter as well as donations of cat treats, rawhides and treats for the dogs, smaller size dog treats for training, dog biscuits, dog ‘dentastix’ to help with teeth cleaning and hand sanitizer and Kleenex. If you want to help with supplies anytime, feel free to ask us what we need!
PVHS is always in need of reliable, committed volunteers! Please click HERE for more info. and to access a volunteer application. The animals need you!
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
- Pet Odor Exterminator Candles & Car Fresheners – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Dog DNA Kits – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Pet ID Tags – CLICK HERE for more info!
- PVHS T-Shirts – CLICK HERE for more info!
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
PENNIES FOR PETS
- Have pesky pennies laying around your home, car or office? We will gladly accept them & any other coins you wish to donate! We currently have a large, clear cube at the shelter that we want to see FULL of pennies/coins! We can assure you that, around here, EVERY penny counts :) CLICK HERE to see our Pennies for Pets poster!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS
- Interested in helping guide the work of the PVHS on our board of directors. CLICK HERE for more info.!
- We will be accepting CASH ONLY for all fees, services & products. We will only accept cheques for donations.
- Looking for an easy way to support PVHS? Ask your cashier to use PVHS’ Co-op # the next time you make a purchase at Co-op! Our Co-op # for Morden is 5457 and our # for Carman is 15343. Thanks for your support!