COMINGS AND GOINGS AT THE HUMANE SOCIETY
It was a happy time for our dogs as they enjoyed some outside play time recently:
Our 2015 Pembina Valley Humane Society fundraising calendars are now available. They are $10 in support of the society and can be purchased at the shelter and in the following locations throughout the region: Winkler Vet Clinic; Co-op Truck Stop; Morden Vet Clinic; Town ‘N Country Grooming; Carman Vet Clinic; Exclusively Cats in Winnipeg; Sun Valley Co-op Gas Bar in Altona; Carman Co-op Grocery; Essence Hair Studio in Morris; St. Norbert Animal Hospital in Winnipeg and Fort Garry Vet Hospital in Winnipeg.
Watch for more information to come on our November 22 bonspiel!
WANT TO HELP THE PVHS?
Tickets are on sale for our annual summer raffle
URGENT PLEA FOR HELP!
We have recently been overwhelmed with abandoned and surrendered cats & kittens. Click HERE to view news coverage of the abandoned cats/kittens. We are in urgent need of canned, pate style cat and kitten food as well as pellet litter (which can be purchased at RONA). All donations of these items, or monetary donations in any amount, are a huge help. Thank you for your support!
PVHS is always in need of reliable, committed volunteers! Please click HERE for more info. and to access a volunteer application. The animals need you!
FOSTER HOMES NEEDED!
We are currently looking to expand our foster program and are in need of committed and loving foster families. Click HERE for more information and to access a foster home application!
Thanks to BSI for donating $3,000 to the Pembina Valley Humane Society from its ‘One Like, One Pound’ Facebook campaign. BSI and its fans successfully achieved 540 page likes in 24 hours while obtaining its goal of 1,500 page likes by November 8th. After consulting with Pembina Valley Humane Society, it was deemed $3,000 would cover the costs of 1,500 lbs of food. This donation was done in part with the BSI Because We Care initiative.
Thanks to the MANITOBA COMMUNITY SERVICES COUNCIL (MCSC) for donating $7,000 for the purchase of our shelter van. Your donation is really appreciated and very much needed to transport our animals around.
Thank you to ACCESS CREDIT UNION MORDEN! The wonderful folks at Access Credit Union chose PVHS to be the recipient of a donation from their “Jeans for Charity” campaign & presented us with a donation in the amount of $5244.00! We are so grateful for the support!
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
PENNIES FOR PETS
- Have pesky pennies laying around your home, car or office? We will gladly accept them & any other coins you wish to donate! We currently have a large, clear cube at the shelter that we want to see FULL of pennies/coins! We can assure you that, around here, EVERY penny counts :) CLICK HERE to see our Pennies for Pets poster!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS
- Interested in helping guide the work of the PVHS on our board of directors. CLICK HERE for more info.!
- We will be accepting CASH ONLY for all fees, services & products. We will only accept cheques for donations.
- Looking for an easy way to support PVHS? Ask your cashier to use PVHS’ Co-op # the next time you make a purchase at Co-op! Our Co-op # for Morden is 5457 and our # for Carman is 15343. Thanks for your support!
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT PVHS
- Pet Odor Exterminator Candles & Car Fresheners – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Dog DNA Kits – CLICK HERE for more info!
- Pet ID Tags – CLICK HERE for more info!
- PVHS T-Shirts – CLICK HERE for more info!