Last Updated: August 2023
1. Information We Collect
We recognize the importance of various types of information and its sensitivity:
- Personal Information: This includes details that directly identify you, such as your full name, physical address, email address, and contact number. When you submit forms like adoption applications, volunteer applications, sponsorship forms, or when you reach out to us via email or phone, you may provide personal information that aids us in tailoring our services and communications effectively to your needs.
- Non-Personal Information: We also gather non-personal information, which pertains to data that doesn’t directly reveal your identity. This could involve technical details like your browser type, the type of device you’re using, and data about your interactions with our Website. This information aids us in optimizing our Website’s functionality, ensuring compatibility, and enhancing your overall experience.
2. How We Collect Information
Our methods of information collection are carefully designed to be transparent and respect your choices:
- Information You Provide: You actively provide information when you interact with our Website. This encompasses scenarios where you complete and submit forms, including adoption applications, volunteer applications, and sponsorship requests. It’s important to note that this information is provided voluntarily by you.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies: To improve your browsing experience and gain insights into user behavior, we employ cookies and tracking technologies. These technologies collect data about how you use our Website, helping us understand trends and patterns in usage. You retain control over cookies through your browser settings.
3. Use of Information
The information we gather serves various crucial purposes:
- Providing Services: The data you entrust to us allows us to effectively process adoption applications, volunteer applications, and sponsorship requests. This streamlines our operations and ensures we can promptly respond to your inquiries.
- Website Improvement: Non-personal information gleaned from your interactions with our Website aids us in continuously enhancing its functionality and tailoring its content to better suit your preferences.
- Communication: With your consent, we use the data to send you pertinent updates, newsletters, and information regarding our services. This ensures you stay informed about relevant developments.
- Legal Obligations: Occasionally, we may need to use your information to fulfill legal requirements or to safeguard our rights.
4. Disclosure of Information
Your trust is paramount to us, and we are cautious about when and why we share your information:
- Service Providers: We partner with reputable third-party service providers to ensure the smooth operation of our Website and the provision of our services. These providers assist us in various aspects of our operations, including web hosting and email communications.
- Adoption and Sponsorship: Your information, as shared in adoption and sponsorship forms, might be disclosed to the relevant parties involved in these processes. This ensures the effective facilitation of these activities.
- Legal Requirements: We will disclose information if required by law or in response to valid legal requests, such as court orders or law enforcement demands.
- Consent: Sharing information beyond the aforementioned scenarios will only occur with your explicit consent.
5. Your Choices
We respect your rights and offer you choices with regard to your personal information:
- Access and Update: You retain the ability to access, update, or rectify your personal information. If you need to make changes, please reach out to us directly.
- Opt-Out: Should you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us, you have the option to opt out. Your preferences matter to us.
- Cookies: You have control over cookies through your browser settings. This gives you the authority to manage how data is collected during your interactions with our Website.
6. User Rights
In line with applicable data protection laws, you have certain rights concerning your personal information:
- Access and Rectification: You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. If you find inaccuracies, you can request that we correct them.
- Erasure: You can request the erasure of your personal information under certain circumstances, such as when it’s no longer needed for the purposes it was collected.
7. Consent for Minors
If our forms are accessible to minors, we prioritize their privacy and require parental or guardian consent before collecting their personal information. We strongly recommend that minors below the age of 13 seek permission from a parent or guardian before engaging with our forms or submitting personal information.
8. Data Breach Notification
Your security is paramount, and in the event of a data breach that could compromise your personal information, we will promptly notify you through appropriate channels, providing you with the necessary information and guidance.
9. Contact Us
Pembina Valley Humane Society
📍462 Jefferson St, Morden, MB R6M 1Y4
📞 (204) 822-9413
Last modified: August 25, 2023