The Pembina Valley Humane Society is looking for an outgoing and motivated student to work at the shelter as an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. If you love animals, have a knack for organization, consider yourself friendly and outgoing – then this is the position for you!
Some of these Duties include:
– Customer Service (includes but is not limited to; inquiries, responding to emails, adoption/foster/volunteer reference checks, answering phones, greeting walk in customers, taking payment, communicating and assisting with paperwork/signing documentation as requested by shelter staff/manager)
– Donation pickup and drop offs and other general errands when required
– Administrative duties such as filing, animal adoption approvals, website updates, and record keeping.
– Filling in for animal and cleaning chore shifts when needed (chores include but are not limited to; kennel cleaning, dog walking, cat cuddling, feeding and pee-breaks, laundry, sanitizing, etc)
– Animal enrichment and grooming
– Passion for animals & Comfortable handling dogs & cats
– Above average written & oral communication skills
– Confident and outgoing personality
– Strong organizational skills
– Great team player
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Physically able to lift 30lbs and handle dogs
This position is partially funded through the Federal Canada Summer Jobs Program and students must meet the following criteria:
– be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
– be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act Footnote 2 for the duration of the employment
– have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
This role requires extensive use of a computer which may involve sitting for long periods. This role may also require the lifting and moving of heavy objects.
The PVHS is open to all without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, gender, age, or mental or physical disability. The PVHS is dedicated to providing a safe and inclusive environment that allows for universal access and participation.
Apply with your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Do you have a few hours to spare? Do you have lots of furry love at home, but still want to give back to PVHS in a meaningful way? We have an immediate need for volunteers to assist with fundraising and events! Whether you prefer hands-on volunteering or more behind the scenes we have a spot for everyone!
Want to learn more? Contact our Fundraising Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org