- The Pembina Valley Humane Society has the sole right and responsibility to place fostered pets in suitable new homes.
Foster families will have no say or influence regarding the placement of animals into adoptive homes. Any individuals and or
families interested in adopting a fostered pet must contact shelter staff to apply for the adoption.
- Foster families must make the fostered pet available for routine or specialized veterinary care. These appointments will be
scheduled by the PVHS. With the exception of emergency treatment (at the discretion of shelter staff,) appointments and/ or
veterinary expenses incurred by foster families without prior PVHS approval will NOT be paid by PVHS.
- Foster families must make the fostered pet available for viewing by prospective adopters, at the request of PVHS staff.
- ALL fostered pets must be returned to the shelter after a period of 30 days. Foster families may be permitted to continue
fostering an animal past the 30 day period if circumstances allow, and at the discretion of shelter staff.
- Any foster family that is deemed unsuitable or uncooperative will be removed from the foster program immediately, at
which time the fostered pet must be returned to the shelter.
- The PVHS will not be held liable for any damages to property, injuries to humans or animals, or other damages related to
the care of the fostered animal.
I have read and understood the above statements. I certify that the information given on this form is true and correct and I
recognize that any misrepresentation of facts will result in my being unable to foster from PVHS. I understand that
submission of this application does not guarantee that I will be able to foster and that approval or denial of this application is
at the sole discretion of PVHS.